“He who opens a school door, closes a prison.”
Applicants for student visa have to submit the following documents:
- Passport with an expiry date of at least 3 months following the end of visa validity and at least 3 blank pages.
- Visa application form (can be downloaded at the foot of this page), printed or written in block letters. It must be filled in carefully, clearly and precisely and signed personally by the applicant. It is free of charge to download an electronic version from the website or to obtain a paper version at the Embassy.
- Two recent color pictures against the white background (30x40mm).
- Original of birth certificate and a copy legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of issuing country.
- Original invitation with the name of an intermediary company and its certificate number on the reverse side. When you receive an invitation make sure there are no mistakes and typos: your name, date of birth, passport number should be identical to those indicated in your passport you submit for the visa.
- Original of the school-leaving certificate of secondary school (college) record with the enclosed statement of results (transcript of marks received) and their copies legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of issuing country.
- Medical certificate of general fitness legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of issuing country. A medical certificate is valid for TWO MONTHS, which means an applicant has to enroll in his/her institution within two months since the medical certificate was issued.
- Results of HIV/AIDS test legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of issuing country.
- Ticket reservation for Ukraine with an open return date.
- Original of a sponsorship letter (attested by a notary) in a form of a court affidavit, which must include a full name of a sponsor, his/her address, landline and mobile telephone number, e-mail (if any), and obligation of a sponsor to cover expenses of an applicant.
- Original of recent bank statements of a sponsor (for the past six months); minimum amount should be sufficient to cover all applicant’s expenses during his/her first year in Ukraine (tuition fees and daily expenses).
- Receipt of payment of visa fees (85 USD).
- The insurance policy valid for the period of one month starting while entering the territory of Ukraine (has to be submitted only after visa decision taken by the consular officer).
Time limits for visa issuance by a Ukrainian diplomatic mission abroad are:
urgent processing – up to five working days. Urgent visa issuance is processed upon request of a foreigner or stateless person and in the period determined by a Ukrainian diplomatic mission abroad;
ordinary processing – up to ten working days, unless otherwise stipulated by Ukraine’s international treaties. This period may be extended up to 30 working days if by additional checks are necessary.